Monday, January 30, 2006

College is basically useless...

I haven't figured out the purpose of college yet. I've managed to make it through school barely taking notes and reading my textbooks. I sometimes fall asleep during lectures or lose focus and daydream. I don't study for test, yet I manage to carry a B-average. I'm not bragging or anything. I'm just trying to figure out how college has contributed to my learning. Sometimes I feel like I could have taught myself and saved the money. Darn loans!

I'm sitting here in the library typing this, which makes me laugh because I use the library for one of two things, sleeping and going online to check emails. Check out a book? Never! I can't wait for the summer so I can do my own personal reading for enjoyment.

Anyway the sleeping part is the best thing about the library. They have a room that looks like a dining/living room with a comfortable sofa to sleep on.

So, yea I'm going there right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger jasdye said...

i could've def got some more knowledge from my undergrad days.

maybe postgrad will prepare me for my career.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kurisuteen Kaneshiro said...

hahaha, sometimes I swear you're my long lost twin or something. MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY! I've made uni into an extended correspondence course. i learn on my own, and just pay them about $1000/per course to do so, which bites. i think people who dont go to college do better. life experience rules out institutionalization, any day.

the library at my school has 5 floors, and the 5th floor is the 'penthouse'. the MOST comfortable sleeping spots are there...i should provide tours for freshmen.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

haha. i hate it. i'm usually the one sitting dead in the front leaning back in my chair, slouched down with my eyes drooping.

5 floors? penthouse? word? i think schools should have a special area for students to take a quick nap between classes. i look around my school and there are students crashed out on hard wood benches when all of the sofas and
armchairs are taken.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

haha. postgrad my foot. i refuse to go to school anymore. it already took me five years for an undergrad.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home