Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This is the countdown

I have a knack for finding aesthetic blog templates, don't I? I'm at work and I really have nothing to do except surf the internet and wait for time to pass. I'm consumed with boredom I can't even write or focus long enough to study. I wish I could study when it's quiet. During the moments that everything is still is when all of the sounds that usually go unnoticed become a deafening loudness. The low buzz of the soda machine in the hallway combined with the hum of the mini heater behind me sounds like the rumbling of a washing machine. It's such a distraction or maybe I'm just easily distracted, either way I'm not getting any work done here. Even the ticking of my watch is like the sound of someone tapping a pen on a desk. So, this is what it feels like to be blind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kurisuteen Kaneshiro said...

Heeeeey nice place! I like this. I digs the orange, off the bat, nice contrast with the darker colors.

What a sensitive analysis 'so this is what it feels like to be blind.' I didn't even think of that. I just thought it was because people like us are half-crazy geniuses with intense attachments to our environment.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

Isn't it. :-D

Yeah I don't know I was just sitting there and everything seemed unusually loud and I immediately thought of how when people are blind their hearing increases.

9:49 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

you mean like the Daredevil.

i used to want to be blind so that i could be like him. but of course, neither my eye sight nor my hearing's too good. and i'm a bit of a close-talker.

it's a good thing i could still feel (insert lame helen keller joke here).

10:06 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

Daredevil?

11:04 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

what? you never heard of the Daredevil? not even with that (lesser) movie last year?

he was, for my money, one of the coolest superheroes. he has amped-up senses 'cuz he got blinded by radioactive chemicals one day as a child. and he has a type of built-in sonar.

otherwise, he's an every-guy, self-made superhero, like Batman.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home