Friday, October 21, 2005

Temporarily Unemployed

My money running out like some cheating husband. - LAS

It's so crazy how little one can do when they don't have any money. My financial situation has been pretty low since I had to quit my job, because school started back up again. I've been invited to "hang out" with several of my friends and go to the movies, see a play, go bowling, eat out at a restaurant and I've had to refuse countless times, because of my lack of funds. I have a small work study job, but it's just not cutting it. I just recently received two credit cards in the mail and how tempting they are! I've only used one, but it was on purchases that I knew I would be able to pay off in the next week or so. I don't want to be consumed with credit card debt when I am already smothered in debt from loans I've had to take out for school.

I am on a search for a new job. The Christmas season will be starting soon and I would like to work during the time that I am out of school on break. I would prefer the job to have late hours so that I could stay after the Christmas break when school begins again.

It's a hard tasks finding a job and I've forgotten just how hard it is. Every job I've had before was practically given to me. I didn't have to do much as far as searching goes. I always knew someone who was looking to hire, so getting a job came very easy for me. Now I have to think of places where I would like to work that have a pleasant environment, are within a reasonable driving distance and have flexible hours.

Honestly, I'm feeling quite lazy about this search and I have so many other things I need to do. So, it's going to take some motivation on my part. Also, I have to stop being picky about where I work. So far I've filled out two applications from different companies and I have returned only one. Yes, I need to get moving otherwise all of the available jobs that are looking for holiday workers will be gone and I can't have that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kurisuteen Kaneshiro said...

Maybe you need a break sis. I find, usually, that with God's people, that things He wants us to do or get involved in, not necessarily get handed to us, but there's a beautiful fluidity when acquiring it.

You seem frustrated and lil annoyed by it all. Maybe take a break from working. And yeah, maybe that means take a break from friends too. Sometimes God wants us in solitary, quiet places, spiritually and physically. And maybe that way you'll find a sense of peace and calm.

But hey I could be wrong...but it's a possibility I'm right :)

And why is it I CANNOT get a credit card?! I don't have 'credit' per se, therefore everytime I apply for a freakin card I get rejected. I have on CC that's cosigned with my mom, but that's it. Dang! Send one of em pre-approved joints over my way lol.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

I think you are right. I quit my work study job, because of time issues. Actually it's a relief even though my funds are hurting.

Girl, I don't have credit either. It just happened by accident. I applied for like 7 credit cards in one day and ended up with three in the mail. Now they won't leave me alone!

9:52 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

i've still got my one from early on in college. it's a student credit card. and even though it's platinum, the limit's still fairly low. which is good for me, since i maxed out a couple months ago.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Not Your Average Jane said...

Credit cards are useless. I don't even use mine. Well, I used it once recently and paid it off. But yea I feel like if I don't have the money to pay it off eventually then I shouldn't use my credit card.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home